Homework (Home Learning)
The expectation at Robert Bloomfield Academy is that each pupil reads every evening, either independently or with an adult. Reading regularly has a significant impact on outcomes, mindfulness and language acquisition.
Homework tasks will be recorded on Google Classroom or in student planners.
Research about the impact of homework can produce a mixed message but one consistent point is that homework is most effective when practising and consolidating prior knowledge or preparing students for the next phase in their learning.
We also recognise the importance of extra-curricular activities and valuable family time in our pupil’s lives and strongly believe that time should be available for these pursuits. As a school, we promote the creation of the whole individual and the importance of these activities.
- English and Maths set once a week.
- Students are also expected to read 3x per week and record this in their SPAG and Reading Records
- Homework should take around 30 minutes
- Project based activities will be set at the beginning of each half term, these are for students to complete over the half term for submission before the end of each half term holiday.
- KS2 Project dates for 2023 are:
Half term date set (week beginning)
WB 30 October 2023
- Physical Education
WB 8 January 2024
WB 26 February 2024
WB 16 April 2024
- Performing Arts
WB 3 June 2024
- Religious Education
- English and Maths set once a week
- The expectation is that EBacc subjects set substantive homework once per two week cycle:
- Science, Geography, History, French, Technology
- Non-Ebacc subjects and those with less curriculum time to set homework once per half term:
- Computing, Performing Arts, Art, Music, PE, Religious Educatiob
- Homework should take no more than 30 minutes per subject