I would like to thank you for visiting our school website – welcome! This site, along with our social media platforms, should demonstrate to you just how exciting and successful this school is. Situated in the heart of the Shefford community, pupils, parents and staff are incredibly proud of their school and reap huge rewards academically and pastorally over their four year journey with us. No stone is left unturned in the pursuit to maintain our outstanding school vision and you will find that the curriculum and opportunities presented to the pupils at Robert Bloomfield is above and beyond that of any other school.
We have a superb learning environment, enhanced by specialist facilities across numerous subjects, which enable us to offer a full range of opportunities in and beyond the classroom. We have recently opened a specialist Year 5 block of classrooms and a brand new, state of the art Learning Resource Centre. In 2009 we were designated a specialist Science, Maths and Technology school under the banner of Engineering, which complimented the already existing specialism of Modern Languages. Our Ofsted Inspection Report in 2014 graded the school as ‘Outstanding’ in all categories. In 2012 our school became a Teaching School, one of the first 200 in the country.
Above all, we are a caring community that values each child and provides them with the opportunity to fulfil their potential and enjoy learning. We believe in building a child’s confidence, adaptability and resilience for the future within an ordered and structured environment, where high expectations are a habit.
RBA is currently a Middle School.
We are moving to a 2 Tier provision in due course - more details can be found here - https://www.bestacademies.org.uk/twotier
A few headline facts
- Of the 97 Middle Schools in England operating a Y5-Y8 curriculum, we are the largest school with 963 students on-site and 120 staff.
- We have 8 Forms of Entry per year.
- The second-largest Middle School is based in North Tyneside (also rated Outstanding) operating a 6 Form Entry school.
- By comparison to national statistics on Primary and Secondary Education in a 2 tier model, the average size of a secondary school (Years 7-11) is 986 (6.1 Forms per year) and in Primary (R-Y6) is 281 (1.6 Forms per year).
- Not only are we the largest middle school, but we also have the largest entry of students sitting the KS2 Sats on the 2019 Performance Tables, meaning while we are not the largest overall school (considering we only have 4 academic year groups), we are the largest primary provider by total number of students in a year group.
Robert Bloomfield Academy is part of the Bedfordshire Schools Trust (BEST).
The Bedfordshire Schools Trust (BEST) is the trust that holds the school sites in trust, and operates the BEST Nurseries across the area.
We are a charity by virtue of the fact that we are an academy trust.