Equality Ethos, Vision and Aims
'Community, Opportunity, Excellence'
- At Robert Bloomfield Academy (RBA) we are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers receiving services from the school, irrespective of race, gender, disability, religion and belief, or socio-economic background.
- We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and able to participate fully in school life.
- The achievement of pupils will be monitored by race, gender and disability and we will use this data to support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching.
- We will tackle discrimination by the positive promotion of equality, challenging bullying and stereotypes and creating an environment which champions respect for all.
- At Robert Bloomfield Academy we aim to make diversity a strength, which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit here
The ethos of our school is embodied in the words "Community, Opportunity, Excellence". We believe in high expectations which combine to form a strong collective identity and responsibility to each other. We have an inclusive curriculum which allows individuals the scope to explore their talents and enthusiasms whilst giving them a firm academic grounding for future success. Our ethos is one of continually striving to improve as we approach the challenges of the learning journey together.
We seek to create a sense of COMMUNITY, belonging and pride in our school. We aim to provide the OPPORTUNITY for all pupils and staff to achieve their full potential. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all areas of school life through encouragement, motivation and support.
- To create a community spirit, with parents, pupils and staff working in partnership and with respect for each other.
- To establish a modern, vibrant and challenging learning environment.
- To encourage and praise all achievement, creating a happy, caring school.
- To strive for excellence and set the highest expectations.
- To uphold the BEST Vision and Objectives.