How do I get to school?
We are asking that students arrive no earlier than 8:30.At this point, we will not be operating before school activities. We are aiming to introduce these by week 3 of the new term. Watch out for further Parentmails on clubs and wrap around care.
Students arriving on foot or by bus will follow this plan and will walk at socially distant intervals, following markings on the footpath to their assigned Year Bubbles/zones. Members of staff will be on duty to support any child who is confused.
End of Day
Three Waves will exit at the end of the school day
3:20 – Non Bus students leave site from their form base for Bloomfield Drive
3:25 – Kingfisher Drive students leave their Form Bases
3:30 – Bus students go to their assigned bus line
Clearly defined Year Bubbles are planned. Students will not mix outside of their year groups and will have distinct routes into and out of school, again as a year group, separated into specific areas for break and lunch.
The DfE recommends that mixing within a year is permittable for the teaching of bespoke sets such as English and Maths or intervention/ catch up. Students will not mix across year groups.
We will use the field as well during the initial return period. Again, this will be clearly sign posted to Year group area.
Routes around school
All clearly signposted across the site on the ground and by posters on the walls.
Following guidance from the DfE and the DfT, it is recommended that all journeys made should be essential and avoid public transport. Families needing to use public transport (not school buses) should follow this guidance from the DfT: safer travel guidance for passengers.
- Walking or cycling is therefore the preferred travel methods for the current on-site provision.
- We will continue with the successful one-way system that was used during our partial opening in June.
CBC have not yet released their comprehensive plan for School Transport 2020-2021. We had hoped this would be published before the end of term. Please contact email@example.com or 0300 300 8339 for specific enquiries about your child’s route and timetable. We will ensure students are separated by year on all transport and follow the guidance, once published, from Central Beds Council. We are sorry not to be able to provide you with this information now and remind all families to contact CBC directly for queries on transport.
Cars will not be able to enter the RBA site, either on Bloomfield Drive or through Kingfisher Estate. Please ensure you observe the exclusion zones
Walking from Bloomfield Drive
- To ease crowding, RBA Families will NOT escort students into school. ADULTS will stop at the bottom of Bloomfield Drive.
- RBA staff will be stationed on Bloomfield Drive to direct pupils and help the new year 5.
- RBA students will walk, 2m apart, up the LEFT side of Bloomfield Drive (as if you are standing at the foot of BD looking up towards the school)
- RBA Students will use the SECOND GATE to enter the RBA Site
- SLS Families will walk on the RIGHT side of Bloomfield Drive and escort their younger children to SLS via the pathway.
- This pathway leading from Bloomfield Drive to Acorn and SLS is ONE WAY ONLY as indicated here
- Families will leave SLS site via School Lane, completing a full circle back to the Ampthill Road
- This one way system will be in operation between 8am à 9:30am and 3:15pm à 4:15pm
- SLS/Acorn Families will use the RIGHT side of Bloomfield Drive to walk to SLS for collection.
- SLS/Acorn Families will follow the pathway to SLS and then wait for instructions from the SLS staff.
- SLS/ Acorn Families will continue through SLS site and leave via School Lane, returning to Ampthill Road.
- SLS/ Acorn Families will NOT return back down the pathway, as it is one way only.
- RBA students using Bloomfield Drive will leave through the SECOND gate, cross the road with supervision and walk DOWN Bloomfield Drive.
- Parents are asked NOT to congregate on Bloomfield Drive but to socially distance themselves if waiting to collect their child towards the foot of Bloomfield Drive and into Ampthill Road.