Welcome to Robert Bloomfield Academy
Welcome to Robert Bloomfield Academy. I have been a Governor at Robert Bloomfield for approximately sixteen years, starting as a Parent Governor and then becoming a Community Governor. I was elected Chair of Governors in January 2016.
The Governors are volunteers. Our committee is comprised of parents, staff and representatives of the community; it is split into two Sub-Committees: Site and Curriculum & Standards, each committee having oversight of its particular area, meeting each term and reporting back to the Full Governing Body, which also meets on a termly basis.
Our Governing Body is a committee of the Board of Bedfordshire Schools Trust (BEST). It is our role to support and strengthen the school’s leadership through robust challenge and to hold the Principal accountable for the performance of students and staff. We aim to support the school to drive standards forward and ensure that it is a vibrant and modern learning environment that all children can flourish in.
Our objectives are to be accountable to the CEO and Board of BEST for ensuring:
• local processes are in place and are adequate for safety, health and compliance
• the Board are informed through agreed mechanisms
• that the vision and values of BEST are faithfully upheld, revisited and reinforced
• that outcomes for all students are in the top 20% nationally
• with the Principal that the highest standards of student behaviour are achieved and sustained
The School's Chair of Governors can be contacted via email to RBACOG@bestacademies.org.uk or in writing: c/o Trudy Purslow, Robert Bloomfield Academy, Bloomfield Drive, Shefford, SG17 5BU